The Portuguese Society of Cardiology (PSC) is a scientific society dedicated to the promotion of cardiology health care development for the Portuguese population.
The PSC was founded in 1949. It is a scientific society with separate legal identity and is based at 28 Campo Grande in Lisbon.
The goal of the Society is to promote developments in Cardiology healthcare in Portugal by:
- Stimulating studies and research into scientific problems related to cardiovascular disease.
- Studying the social implications of heart disease as well as prevention, treatment and support for cardiac patients.
- Fostering closer scientific ties between Portuguese doctors working in this field.
- Organising its own activities and cooperating with others in the field of Cardiology for both the medical profession and the general public.
- Sponsoring the participation of Portuguese cardiologists in international meetings.
- Working in conjunction with Portuguese and foreign associations with similar goals.
- Creating sections within the Society for studying and publicising scientific themes.
- Compiling and publishing its own journal and publicising scientific documents among its members.
- Representing Portugal at the European Society of Cardiology and the World Heart Federation and representing these organisations in Portugal
The PSC has launched its new internet portal in January, 1 2006
The page of the Portuguese Journal of Cardiology is translated into English and you can see it directly here.
Should you have any questions regarding our Society, do not hesitate to contact us through the following contacts:
Sociedade Portuguesa de Cardiologia
Campo Grande 28, 13º
(+351) 21 797 06 85
(+351) 21 793 10 95
(+351) 93 797 06 85